Thursday, December 16, 2010

Magic Reindeer Food

This recipe is for Grandma's and Mom's who have very special little ones... like my 4 grands and my friend, Reilly. I've made this for years now and it works EVERY time! I have even made it for children in the community. Since we are snowed in, I thought I might better post the recipe for all those little folks I can't get out to deliver to this year. Anyway, there are bound to be some folks who NEED this recipe anyway!!!

Mix this Magic Reindeer Food and sprinkle it on your lawn on Christmas Eve. Moon beams reflect off the sparkles in the food to guide Santa to your house and Santa's reindeer eat the oats. Of course, it only takes a little (about a tablespoonful) to make this happen!

Magic Reindeer Food
1 tablespoon oats
1/2 teaspoon glitter
Mix well and sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve.


I package Magic Reindeer Food in small baggies with a label with this poem attached:
Sprinkle on the lawn at night,
The moon will make it sparkle bright.
When Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
This will guide them to your home.

I have the poem in a Word document complete with picture, and I will be happy to e-mail it to you for printing. Contact me at thesoutherncook@yahoo.com

1 comment :