Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Out of this World Waffles!


Sometimes I like to have breakfast food for supper. This was one of those nights. We ate out for lunch and had a much larger meal than we have when eating at home, so this was waffle night! As the weather gets cooler, I like this even more. Growing up, Mama made breakfast often on Friday nights. She usually made eggs, grits, biscuits and bacon or sausage. Waffles were (and still are) a special treat for me.
This is my favorite waffle recipe because they are light but crisp. I'm giving you the proportions I use for the 2 of us. You can easily double the ingredients for a larger family. I have a really low -tech (translation: cheap!) waffle maker. It has a light that signals when the waffle is done and no adjustments. I like crisp waffles, so sometimes I leave mine in a for a minute after the light signals done.

Out of this World Waffles
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat waffle maker.
Stir flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a medium bowl. Mix milk, egg and oil in a large measuring cup (I use my 4 cupper). Combine mixtures. Stir with a whisk until all ingredients are moistened. Don't over mix! Pour into waffle baker (mine uses about 1/4 cup per waffle). Yield: 8 (4-inch) square waffles or 4 batches in the waffle baker. (The recipe says it makes 11 waffles,but I've never gotten that many out of it!)

How easy is this??????

No comments :

Post a Comment