Friday, March 2, 2012

Endings and New Beginnings



This was a week of opposites. I was released from my job as recipe tester/Home Economist for the GA Dept of AG yesterday. It was sad (sort of) that after 8 years of testing 5 recipes per month for them, I suddenly have no deadline. They re-organized the department and I was expecting the call, so it was not a total surprise.

Today, the mail delivered a prize that I won on another blog (www.provencepost.com). The book is a cookbook (pictured above) and is an absolute delight! It is filled with lovely, light, enticing pictures as well as fresh recipes. The author has included personal notes about her life in France and the influences of her childhood that led her to this place. She is an intriguing story teller. So, the book becomes a visual treasure, a cooking inspiration and a fun read for tales of growing up in France.

Check out her website/blog, especially this recipe for Raspberry Lime Custards. http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2010/12/22/gluten-free-baked-lime-custards/

Endings and new beginnings.. that's what life is all about. It's been one of "those" weeks for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment