Thursday, June 28, 2012

Foodie PenPals



When I was a little girl, I loved having a pen pal. When my best friend moved away, we became pen pals of a different sort. When I went to college, my roommate and I wrote back and forth all summer (no cell phones back then!). Recently, I came across a post announcing Foodie Penpals! I'm sure you can guess the rest of this story!

I signed up and recieved a box from my new Foodie Penpal, Diane in Pennsylvania. It was a box filled with goodies that make a "Foodie" squeal with delight... dark chocolate, chocolate coated wafers/cookies, pita chips, dip mixes, garlic hot sauce, Italian grissinati (tiny crusty breadsticks)..... frankly, I was too excited to take a photo, but I promise to next month! WHAT FUN! I love a package and I love a surprise and I love pen pals and (obviously!) I love food! A match made in heaven!

Every month this inventive young lady, Lindsey, at The Lean Green Bean, puts together a mailing list. I don't envy her figuring all this out, but she does an awesome job! You get a box from one person but send a box to someone else. There is a $15 spending limit. Here's the link if you'd like to participate. Boxes have to be mailed by the 15th of the month. And you commit for 1 month at a time.
Have fun!!

I'll bet you're wondering what I sent my penpal...... OF course, it contained Southern items... sweet potato chips, Creole seasoning, Martha White mixes, homemade apple butter with a recipe in which to use it, seasoning mixes etc.....

Here's the link... (sorry, I'm not savvy enough to add her button, but you still get the idea....)

http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/

No comments :

Post a Comment