Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hot Fudge Sauce

This post is for my friend, Jackie. She is the "craftiest" gal that I know. If you can imagine it, she can sew it! Once in a while she falls "off the wagon" ( sugar wagon, that is) and indulges in something decadent. This week she posted that she had peppermint ice cream with chocolate sauce. Oh, Jackie! That sounds good, especially since peppermint ice cream is my favorite winter ice cream flavor. One year Mayfield had a shortage of peppermint ice cream and I sent Scotty ( Mayfield ) an email that this was a disaster and totally unacceptable since no one else's peppermint ice cream measures up to theirs! I'm sure they had a good laugh over this crazy old lady in the mountains. I have noticed that there has been plenty in the grocery store freezer ever since.... You're quite welcome!

Jackie, you NEED this recipe for the next time you fall off the wagon and peppermint ice cream happens to be nearby. It's so good that one Christmas, despite a kitchen stuffed with homemade cookies, pies and cakes, my children asked me to go into the kitchen and "whip up" a batch of this
HOT FUDGE SAUCE to go over their peppermint ice cream! And I did! ( My family is soooooo spoiled!)

You can make this up ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. Take out just what you need, warm it in the microwave and indulge! It's so good, you could also just eat it with a spoon. Of course I don't know anyone who has actually done that.......

HOT FUDGE SAUCE
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1(5oz) can evaporated milk
3/4 cup  chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, milk and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan; stir over low heat until chocolate chips melt and the mixture boils. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.

Call me when it's done and I'll bring the Mayfield  Peppermint ice cream!

No comments :

Post a Comment