Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Playing in the dirt again!!!!


Just think, digging in the dirt now can produce an abundant crop of wonderful fresh tomatoes this summer!!! Yuuummm, I can taste them now! Sprinkled with fresh basil, drizzled with good olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.....surely heaven must have vegetable gardens.
Today was a beautiful day for digging in the dirt! Too early to plant, but just the right time to move a few things around, share plants with a friend, and get ready for spring! I'm happiest when my hands are caked in dirt and my shirt smells like sweat! What a dainty girl I am - NOT!!!
If only we could plant now... but alas, our last frost date is May 15... seems like a long time to wait. I'll have to be content to dig when I can and dream about veggies and flowers......

1 comment :

  1. Mmmm... nothing like fried green tomatoes in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete