Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BBQ Rubbed Pork Chops

The warm weather this winter (at least down South) has put me in the mood for something grilled. Pork is quick and easy. I love this rub for boneless chops or ribs. Even if you're cooking inside, you can still use the rub. I like to double the recipe (or triple it) and store in an airtight jar. It keeps for several months and is nice to have on hand.

For a different meal combination, serve the BBQ Rubbed Pork Chops with Cheese Grits and something green.. perhaps my Sauteed Greens from Jan 9.....???

I have daffodils ready to burst into bloom in my yard... how about you? Even our flame (wild) azalea buds are swelling. You KNOW I'm not a fan of big snow, but it hardly feels like we've had winter this year... I fear I will have to eat those words in March!!!

BBQ Rub for Pork
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (if you don't have garlic powder, use 1 teaspoon garlic salt and omit salt)
1 teaspoon paprika (smoked is really good, regular is fine)
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon red pepper, if desired

Mix all together and store in airtight container. Rub over both sides of pork chops before grilling or cooking indoors.

No comments :

Post a Comment